[globaalikasvatus-l] Call for applications: REACT course November 2012

Sanna Rekola Sanna.Rekola at kepa.fi
Fri Aug 10 15:27:54 EEST 2012

Viestin välitetty listalle pyynnöstä.
Lisätietoa kurssista myös osoitteessa: http://www.humandimension.net/index.php?servicio=24&subservicio=28&clic=subservicio&idio=en

* * *

International University Centre for Peace Missions (IUCPM)

Rapid Expert Assistance and Co-operation for Conflict Prevention Operations, Crisis Management and Post-Conflict Rehabilitation (REACT Course)
November 2012.
    Apply now<http://humandimension.net/index.php?servicio=24&subservicio=28&clic=subservicio&idio=en>!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fl7cTj6H4I
Call for Applications, XVII EDITION, looking for people who want to work in International Organizations
 International University Centre for Peace Missions (IUCPM)- Helsinki España offers post graduate students a training course to prepare international teams to work for International Organizations in Peace Missions around the world. The course will take place from November 5th to 30th  in Madrid, Spain.
This intense training course, of 220 hours, combines theory and practice, and aims at preparing well-trained and well-qualified graduates to work with the OSCE, UN, EU and other International
Organizations in International Missions. The course is certified by  the International University Centre for Peace Missions-Helsinki España and University Institute General Gutierrez Mellado (UNED). It is recognized by the Peace Operations Training Institute.

The Course will be taught by university professors from different countries; trainers from the OSCE and the UN; diplomats and civil servants from the Spanish Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Defense and the Spanish Home office; the Red Cross and international experts in the missions of different International Organizations.

The candidates must meet a series of requirements, such as be in possession of a 4 year university degree , proven advanced level of spoken and written English, be psychologically and physically prepared to participate in international missions, and most importantly, demonstrate high motivation to work for international organizations.

Please find attached further information about the course. Our deadline to receive this edition's applications is: October 1st, 2012.
-----------------------
 Who should apply

Profile and student requirements<http://humandimension.net/useruploads/files/react_mayo_2011_profile_of_the_students.pdf>
We are looking for an eclectic, heterogeneous motivated group with an international background.
Applicants should be over 22  years old and hold a university degree. All countries are welcome to apply.

How to apply

To apply to become a REACT Fellow, please complete the registration form in its entirety  (find it attached or visit our site).

Required documents:
· REACT registration form with photo
· Formal letter of motivation
· Academic transcripts
· Resume
· Certificate of knowledge of the English language (if you do not have one, let us know and we will schedule a brief interview on the phone)
· Two recent letters of recommendation, on headed paper and with the  date, stamp and signature of the entity and person that is writing the letter.  The ORIGINALS MUST be sent by post. Your referees may advance  them scanned via email. However, the originals are still required by post.
· Health certificate
· If interested in financial aid: copy of your most recent pay slip or income-tax-return and an official translation into English or Spanish. This is absolutely mandatory if you are interested in grants.
Please note that we will accept applications until 25 candidates are selected.  This limit can also be reached before October 1st, 2012.
Applications must be received complete and on time to be considered.  Your application will NOT be considered if there are any missing documents.
Applicants who are not selected need to reapply again for the following course in order to be considered.
Application cycles for REACT are in May and November.

The selection process
. REACT Fellows are chosen by the Selection Committee.
. Committee members bring experiences from various fields and have broad knowledge in the humanitarian field. Selections are made by the group as a whole, not by individuals.
. A maximum of 25 Fellows are chosen for each expert course. Please note that vacancies are covered upon reception of application and approval by the Selection Committee.

Frequently asked questions:

Q. Do applicants need to be a certain age?
A. We are targeting applicants of ages over 24. However, anyone over age 22 is welcome to apply. While a majority of the applicants will fall above this age, we will not discriminate based on age.

Q. Do applicants have to be nationals from OSCE member states?
A. We encourage individuals from all around the world to apply. We will not discriminate based on country of origin.

Q. Is English proficiency a requirement?
A. Because classes are conducted in English, English proficiency is a requirement. We would like to ensure that Fellows get the most out of their experience. However, we do not require applicants to be native English speakers. Many will, in fact, have other native languages.

Q. What is the schedule like?
A. Classes will run from Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 6:30pm, and some Saturday mornings from 9:00am to 1:30am. This is an intensive course of a total of 220 hours.

Q. Is a laptop really needed?
 A. Most of your teachers will provide you with an electronic version of the content of their modules. You may print the reading list but it is preferable that you have it available from your computer for sustainability reasons and also so you do not need to travel with it.
Class assignments however will not be computer based, therefore, the organization will not provide internet access and computers.

Contact information:      Spanish native speaker students: María Jaén, Program Director     mjaen at humandimension.com<mailto:mjaen at humandimension.com>
Other international students: Arianna Gazzé, Project Officer    helsinkicursos at humandimension.com<mailto:voluntarios at humandimension.com>
Telephone:  (+34) 91 533 54 55        Fax: (+34) 91 5333732

International University Centre for Peace Missions (IUCPM)
Helsinki España--Human Dimension
C/ Alberto Aguilera, 13, Piso 8º Izquierdo
28015, Madrid, Spain
Tel.: (+34) 91 533 54 55 Fax: (+34) 91 533 37 32
www.humandimension.com<http://www.humandimension.com>

* * *

Viestin välitti,
Sanna Rekola
Järjestökoordinaattori / Coordinator for Member Services

Kepa ry
Töölöntorinkatu 2 A, 00250 Helsinki, Finland
Tel. +358 9 584 23 271
Email. sanna.rekola at kepa.fi<mailto:sanna.rekola at kepa.fi>
www.kepa.fi<http://www.kepa.fi> / www.globaalikasvatus.fi<http://www.globaalikasvatus.fi>